So recently I was talking to my boyfriend, he said a quote
and I thought it was cute and funny but now that I think about it maybe he was
right. He told me “When life gives you
lemonade make lemons. Life will be like whaaat.” It’s a backwards silly joke
but it makes so much sense. When life
gives you something completely hard to handle or go through, keep your head up
and never give up and life will be like Whhaaat? You can be
completely surprised about what you can accomplish and go through when you have
determination and drive not to mention a very good support system.
I definitely needed to hear that quote more than anything.
Life totally gave me some lemonade these past few weeks. I took and drank it
without even adding sugar. I wanted to give up on all this and all the hard
work I put into this blog and I was ready to give in to self doubt and say
“Okay you win, I am done.” However with the help of my lovely support system
consisting of several friends and family. They encouraged me to keep going.
Though their encouragement helped it was something I had to do on my own. I
needed to get up and stop being mopping around and start life again, here I am
better than I was before and telling you guys all about it. So I guess I finally
made some lemons so life can be all shocked.
I wanted to share some more quotes that might help inspire you if you
ever start having self doubt or if you’re going through a rough time.
“You’re enough. Not because you did or said or thought or
bought or become or created something special. But because you always were.”
That has to be one of my favorites because it’s extremely
true. I don’t know how many times I thought if I changed this or I bought that
then maybe I’d actually be good enough for someone or to do something. It’s not
true, it took a long time to figure that out. I am and we all are enough not
because we did something to becoming enough but because we were enough in the
beginning and we’ll be enough in the end.
“Never quit, if you stumble get back up. What happened
yesterday no longer matters. Today is another day so get on track and move
closer to your hopes and dreams, you can do it.”
It’s easy to want to quit when you’re down or if you screw
up something. I know I’ve wanted to do it a million times. Just because it
seems easier to give up then to get back and try it all over again. Most of the
time I am worried I’ll make another mistake along the way, but we’re all meant
to make mistakes. We all should make more mistakes. That should be our goals
each month make as many mistakes as we can and learn from them. The past is in
the past. What happened yesterday or years ago no longer matters. That’s the
great thing about waking up each moring it’s like getting a clean slate every
day. So make a mistake today, wake up refreshed tomorrow you’re one day closer
to your dreams and hopes. Don’t forget
to repeat that process each day.
“We cannot control the wind but we can direct the sail”
It’s hard to explain precisely what this means. I think different people have different views
about this quote, as for me it means we can’t change what life gives us but we
can change the way react to it. It’s
just like the lemon quote. When life
gives you something you can’t handle try having a positive attitude and put
your best foot forward. Direct that sail, and lead it out of the storm.
Do you guys ever have self doubt? What’s some quotes that
help you through it?




No comments:
Post a Comment