Happiness With A Side Of Tea : September Goals Are In

September Goals Are In

I hope everyone is having a lovely Monday morning. I can't believe it's already September, Hobby Lobby already has Christmas decorations up. I think they're skipping some important holidays but it made me realize in a few months this year will be over already. Where does all the time go? Doesn't it feel like we just started 2015 a few months ago. Nonetheless it's another month down and another set of goals to make but first let's recap August Goals. 



Improving Social Media & Social Media Engagement: This month I learned just how hard this is. I realized that I can't control what others actions I can only change my actions. So I decided I'd be more social and engage with others via twitter and instagram. In the beginning I also decided to have a posting schedule for all my social media accounts but I saw that it wasn't genuine and it put a lot of pressure on me. So instead I'm deciding to focus on engaging more and creating better content. 

Consistency: I always seem to lose motivation which makes being consistent a challenge. So the first few weeks were easy then towards the end morale got low but I fought through it and I managed to keep up with everything. Hopefully I'll be able continue this. 

Morning Free Writes: Completely failed on this one. I think I did this one morning and never tried again. It was difficult making time in my morning routine to add this in which is no excuse. Regardless of morning free writes I still had amazing mornings. Maybe I'll move morning free writes to the evening. 

Figure Out Where I Want This To Go: This takes more than a month that's for sure. I've made little steps towards figuring out where I want my blog to go but I'm still not 100% sure but I think 25% is better than where I started. I've com up with topics I want to discuss, a new design I want to try out, the possibility of sponsored post on here. 



September Goals:

Make Time For Others: Between my blog and college it's hard to balance personal life and relationships however it's very important that I do. Soon I'll be balancing blogging, course work, weekly volunteer tutoring, and hopefully work study. So I need to start figuring out how to make time for maintaining those relationships with people in my life. 

Phone-less/No Social Media Days or Time: I admit I spend to much time on my computer and phone. I usually think well I'm a blogger and I love being connected but it interferes with my first goal quite a bit. I usually stay off social media during the weekends but there are times when I'm on it. So I want to take time on the weekends to stay off social media completely, when I'm doing homework, and during family activities. It's going to be a hard task but it's something I need to do.

Dealing With My Anxiety: I have the worse social anxiety which interfere's with a lot of the things I'd like to do in life. So little by little I've been trying to overcome my anxiety. I talked about the first step towards overcoming anxiety here before. Now that I know what fears trigger my anxiety it's time to start doing something about those fears. So this month I want to start small, build up my courage and confidence. Then start working on the bigger fears. 

Admit When Enough Is Enough: I'm the type of person who will work and work for anything I want or anything I committed to. It's just the way I was taught and the way I am. However sometimes I need to admit when is enough is enough for me. I don't want to overwork myself too hard. As I said in the first goal I'll be taking on a few extra things and I'm testing my limits. So when I start to see a problem with keeping up or my health. I need to step back and take a break. 


What are your goals for this month? How did you do last month?