Happiness With A Side Of Tea : Book Review: The Blender Girl Smoothies by Tess Masters

Book Review: The Blender Girl Smoothies by Tess Masters

I'm not exactly a breakfast or a lunch person. Somedays I can get so caught up in all the task that I need to do that I forget to eat an actually meal. I'll admit that's not the most healthy lifestyle but it's something I've always done since I started jr. high school. It's definitely a habit I never learned to break. However I do love making smoothies so far I only ever made smoothies with yogurt and a few fruits. I've always wanted to up my game and make more unique and flavorful smoothies but I never really know where to start or what goes and what doesn't. So I was excited when I saw The Blender Girl Smoothies on Blogging for Books.

I tried a variety of smoothies that were really tasty though the ingredients might say other wise.I thought I'd list a few things I enjoyed about this book. 

Teaches You How To Create Your Own Smoothie:
Most recipe books don't really teach you how to put together your own recipes from scratch but this book does. It teaches you the fundamentals of how to make a smoothie, how many servings you're meant to put for each, and how to incorporate nuts, seeds, grains, dates, and etc. I was able to make my very own smoothie and it turned out great. 

Find The Right Recipe For You: 
Each recipe has little symbols to explain what kind of benefits you can get from the smoothie. So if you have inflammatory, need something energizing, or need something detoxing. You can choose a smoothie based on what you need or how you're feeling. There's a wide selection within the book. Also there's different categories of smoothies you can choose from light & fruity, clean & green, an exotic ride, and dessert. I got a chance to try one from each. They really are delicious. 

Learn All About Flavoring & Combining Different Things:
In the back of the book it teaches you all bout the different liquids, spices, grains, nuts, fruits, veggies, and etc that you can add to a smoothie. It gives you tips on how to combine the different flavors to make your own unique smoothies. 

Easy To Make & Easy To Find Ingredients: 
This is the ultimate reason why I love this book. These smoothies are fairly easy to make and it's not time consuming, which is perfect for me since I'm always too busy to get something to eat. Also the ingredients aren't too hard to find I prefer fresh but I realized unless your making smoothies everyday maybe frozen might be the way to go. 

I love this book, it couldn't have came at a better time. I've been making smoothies for breakfast that hold me off until lunch. I believe if you're mom on the go, college student, or you're a smoothie fanatic then this book is definitely for you.

Click these links to learn more about Tess Masters & The Blender Girl Smoothies