Happiness With A Side Of Tea : 1 Question Towards Overcoming Anxiety

1 Question Towards Overcoming Anxiety

I've come to realize anxiety comes from fear. A fear of failure, a fear of humiliation, or a fear of success. Even when my friend told me anxiety was the root of fear I didn't really want to explore that theory. It didn't quite connect for me yet until a few weeks ago. I hate feeling anxious about things I know I probably shouldn't be anxious for. It's frustrating because their my feelings and I can't seem to get a handle on them sometimes. So I asked myself the very most important question "Why am I anxious?" It's a question that opened the door for self-awareness. I believe it's what we do with that self-awareness that matters the most.

I'm anxious about public speaking and I have to take speech next semester. I'm afraid I'll make a complete fool of myself. I'm anxious about turning this blog into a business because I'm afraid it won't work out. I'm afraid to drive because I am worried I might hurt somebody the next time I crashed. I have social anxiety because I am worried people will hate me. It seems silly when you write it all down but that fear is honestly paralyzing. I am not the only person who goes through it.

I'm slowly learning to work through those fears and debunk some of them one fear at a time. I read a great post by Stephanie from Cohesive Fitness about Overcoming Fear. I've also been reading Between The Dark and The Daylight by Joan Chittster. They both brought to my attention that life should be full of taking risk. So what if nothing really works out the way I would hope at least I can say I tried. I turn this blog into a business and it completely fails at least I learned it wasn't for me. On the other hand it could work out and turn into something amazing you never know. So what if I get humiliated myself by public speaking wouldn't be the first time I embarrassed myself in public and it won't be the last. 

I don't want to live my life in fear. I don't want my anxiety to control me forever. All it took to get to this point was one question."Why are you anxious?" That one question can lead to so many answers with those answers comes solutions.  It's a small step in a long journey. I am sure it'll be worth it in the end. It's always great to talk about it with someone in this case I wanted to share it with all of you.