Happiness With A Side Of Tea : Single & Ready To Mingle

Single & Ready To Mingle



When you've been with someone for so long and you break-up the "dating world" becomes something you have to relearn. I had no idea what I was doing when I thought maybe it's time for me to start dating again to be honest I still don't know what I am doing. However I thought I share some basic tips that helped me get back on the dating train.





1. Ask Yourself: Is this really what I want? Am I ready for this?

This is the first step because it's the most important. Though your friends like to see you happy and think that dating would help you move and feel better. It probably won't end all that well for you. You need to make sure you're over your ex, you're happy, and you're really ready to try this all over again. 
Be sure to try out the 6 Do's Of Being Newly Single before considering dating.

2. Set Some Dating Guidelines: 

I know some people rather go with the flow which is fine. However I like to set some dating guidelines this is like that imagery line in the sand no one can cross. Here are some of my dating guidelines: Never settle for less than you deserve, If you have nothing in common you don't have anything to talk about, be yourself and don't change yourself to please them, if something doesn't feel right to you then flee,  and sex doesn't equally dating. These guidelines I set for myself to help me through the process of which guys are dateable and which ones aren't. So having these guidelines makes that process a whole lot quicker. 


3. Dating Goals: 

This is simple. Are you looking for long-term? Short-term? Just testing the waters and see where it goes? It's good to know these things because chances are the person that's interested in you is going to ask. It's good to be on the same page as someone or at least let them know what you're looking for so they don't expect something out of you that you're not quite yet ready for. Figuring what you want is entirely up to you. For now I am just testing the waters and see where it takes me but eventually I think we're all looking something more long-term. 


4. Dating Avenues: 

You need to figure out how you'll be dating and nowadays there's many ways of dating. For example there's online dating, blind dates, friends set you up, or just old fashioned fate. I prefer online dating that's only because I really don't go out nor do I have the time to meet people the old fashioned way. Also I am an introvert so talking to people for the first time is so awkward for me. However as always do what you're most comfortable with and enjoy the dating process. 


5. It's Okay To Date More Than One Person: 

This has been something me and my best friend have talked about constantly. We great really frustrated because in todays society they make it seem like dating more than one person is a sin. I just think it's better to have options. It's better to meet people and go on a few dates if you like them then continue to go on dates with them if not then it's okay to go date someone else. Dating is meant to find your potential someone once you find them and you're sure of it then it's perfectly then date them only. So forget the social norm and date around and see what people interest you or don't interest you once you find one that you really really like stick with it and see where it goes.

6. Enjoy The Process: 

Don't put so much pressure on yourself to find some or on the date to go perfect. You'll find someone who's meant for you in due time and nothing is ever really perfect. So just take your time and enjoy the dating process. There's a lot of lessons to be learned about yourself through the process some things you may have not even noticed. So sit back and relax. 



What are some of your dating guidelines?