Happiness With A Side Of Tea : Tackling Those Goals No Excuses!

Tackling Those Goals No Excuses!


Hey there, it’s been a while. I’ve been extremely busy with school all that studying and homework really drains out all your energy. However I rested for the past few days and I am ready to get back into the swing of things.

Can you believe it’s March already, where has all the time gone? I’m not sure about you but I’ve completely lost motivation to accomplish my goals for this year. I was really determined and motivated in the beginning of the year then by the end of February I was just like “Well I have all the time in the world to get them done.” Obviously I was wrong because time just seems to be flying by and I can’t even catch up. So I decided that it’s time to get serious about these goals. I wanted to share some tips on how I plan to accomplish my goals one by one.


1.) Breakdown Those Bigger Goals Into Smaller Goals:

I know this sounds pointless but it really helps put your goals into perspective. So look through your list of goals and ask yourself “What steps do I need to take to accomplish that goal.” I believe breaking down your goals into smaller ones makes them seem less impossible and more achievable. Think of the smaller goals like stairs, each time you accomplish those smaller goals it leads you one step closer to achieving your main goal.

For instance one of my goals is monetizing my blog but I can’t expect to accomplish that in one day. There are different steps I need to do before I can do that like focusing on my content, improving my social media skills, mastering my photography, and so much more. So by breaking down that goal into smaller goals it helps me accomplish it without feeling overwhelmed and makes it manageable.


2.) Track Yourself:

This isn’t a must but it helps me, by tracking yourself you’ll know what you need to work on and what you’ve already accomplished. It’s like keeping a goal to do list everything you’ve already done or mastered just mark it off your list. It also helps you keep up with all the progress you’ve done which well helps you with tip #3.

The way I am tracking my goals is keeping a goal journal. I put my goals in there, broke them down into different plans and how to accomplish them. I also use it for tips I learn along the way since most of my goals involve improving my blog.



3.) Reward Yourself For The Little Things:

I believe this a vital part of keeping your motivation and drive. Sometimes I tend to focus on all the little mistakes I make along the way or the things I forgot to do. I’m starting to realize it’s not good to internalize all that negativity. It discourages me to continue when I feel like I’ve failed already. 

So reward yourself for all the little things you’ve done in achieving your goal. Whether it was waking up an hour earlier or fitting in 30 minutes of exercise in your day.


4.) Keep Up Morale:

As I said earlier, I get really motivated in the beginning and towards the middle all that energy just dies down and I start dragging my feet. So I decided to try a few things to keep me motivated. I think you need to find what works for you. For me I need upbeat music while doing task that are goal related and reading motivational quotes. I actually had a list of my favorite quotes here 10 Quotes To Start Off The New Year


5.) Breaks Won’t Hurt Your Progress:

This is always on my list whether it’s tips productivity or just going life. A break is always a must in my book. It definitely helps for tip #4 and accomplishing your overall goals. When you feel like it’s all a bit too much for you, it’s alright to take a break for a few days and come back refreshed and ready to conquer those goals. You don’t want to completely wear yourself out so take the break and come back better than ever.

Hopefully this is encourages you and helps you accomplish some of your goals this year.


How are you doing on your goals so far? 






1 comment:

  1. So far I'm doing ok on my goals. Definitely could do a little better though!

    ReplyDelete