Happiness With A Side Of Tea : Freedom Is Blogging In Your Underwear by Hugh Macleod Book Review

Freedom Is Blogging In Your Underwear by Hugh Macleod Book Review

I found this book while thrift shopping last month and all I can say is "Another man's trash is another man's treasure". I know that's cliche but in this case I don't care because it's true.


As soon as I started reading I fell in love with the book. In the beginning he explains how the book is all about personal freedom and how the internet provides us with that freedom. However throughout the whole book I was just thinking that no one could've explained why I blog better than he just did. I know that sounds dumb because it's my blog in the first place but he explains it in a way that someone who doesn't blog or doesn't see the point in blogging could understand. 

Illustration From The Book

I enjoyed the order of sequence he put each topic he addressed. He explains the internet and why it's opened this new door to all these different possibilities. Then he proceeds to go in and share how it's benefited him and how it can benefit us. Lastly he explains how magical the internet and blogging is. He goes in depth how it allows us to build connections and relationships with people around the world, how we want share experiences or knowledge, and most importantly how we can become beacons of the internet. A great point he made is that blogging and our real lives aren't separate things. I completely agree with him blogging is apart of my life it's not just something I do on the side. It's become a huge part of my life and I love ever second of it. I think towards the end he really makes you think. He ask "Are you a beacon? If not, don't you think you should be?" 

Illustration From The Book

I think my favorite part is the the ending he says "I spent the last few thousand words telling you about the power of the internet, when all along the power wasn't there.... The power is within you- the same place it's always been" I loved this book because it's such an inspiration.  He shares parts of his journey and experiences throughout the book that help give you a little motivational push. 

Illustration From The Book

Throughout the book he also has his cartoons to help illustrate parts of the book. I loved that this book didn't have to be over 200 pages long to inspire me. He kept it simple yet intriguing. It was really a fun book to read. This was also my first time reading a book about blogging and I don't regret it all. 

What Are Some Of Your Reasons For Blogging?





6 comments:

  1. This sounds like a super fun book! I actually LOVE blogging. I love the cooking, the photographing, the talking to people. For me it is a lot of fun!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Mandee I couldn't imagine you without a blog. I need all your yummy recipes to survive.

      Delete
  2. I can't wait to check this book out, hopefully it's easy to find. I love things like this. I believe fully that I am an entrepreneur at heart and one day I will be able to blog in my underwear. But until that day, I'll pound the pavement with the rest of the 9-5'ers ;)

    xxcheers, meag
    www.twoabeautifullife.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hopefully you enjoy reading it. Yeah I don't have the complete freedom to just blog in my underwear yet either.

      Delete
  3. I am blogging to keep myself from going crazy as a stay at home mom! If I can make some money at it..that's a plus! I'll have to check out this book. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. All moms need some constructive hobbies. I hope you enjoy it thank you for stopping by.

      Delete