Happiness With A Side Of Tea : 6 Do's Of Being Newly Single

6 Do's Of Being Newly Single

I was reading Five Things to Never Do Post-Breakup on Just A Trace  a few days ago. All the points she made that we shouldn't do I've mostly likely done and might still be doing. (gives a guilty look) Tracey's post inspired me to write about what we should do post-breakup. They're a lot of things that I am doing that I encourage every single person to try even if you're not single these are things you should try.


1.) Do Travel: 

I know not everyone has the money for this which is understandable. However you don't have to go to another country to travel. They're some amazing sights and things to do right here in the USA and I am sure they're lots of things you can do right in your own state or nearby. For instance here in the area I live in there's a lot of winery's and beautiful scenery I've never known about. It's crazy how you can live in one place for so long and not know what else is out there. Just the feeling of going out and experiencing different towns and really taking in the beauty of it all really heals your heart.  It's soul empowering and I didn't need to leave the country to feel this way. If you did want to leave the country it'd take a lot of planning and saving money but I am sure it's worth it. If you need help getting started on saving for trips Kelly gives some of her best Saving Money For Travel Tips over on A Lovely Life Indeed. 


2.) Do Try New Things:

I think this was the hardest for me because I am so afraid of putting myself out there. However I got that feeling that one day I would look back and regret all the things I didn't try. Once again this doesn't have to be something so big like sky diving. It can be something that you've been saying you wanted to try but just never got around to it. Make a bucket list and make a goal to accomplish everything on it. I have yet to make mine however they are a few things I've been trying. I got an invitation to join a few honor societies. If you hung out with me in real life you'd see how shy I really am. So being in any type of groups or put in a position where I am forced to mingle really makes me panic. I am just really social awkward. So that's something that I am trying to breakout of my comfort zone. "The moment you get out of your comfort zone is the moment you start living."


3.) Do Things You Love: 

Aside from trying new things you need to go and do things you love. I know that seems like a no brainer but I know how hard a break-up can be and sometimes you rather just do things that channel your sadness instead of counteracting it. It's usually like that in the beginning but eventually you gotta do things that you make you happy. Whatever it is do it and get completely lost in it. It gets your mind off your heartache and at first it might not work as effectively but in time you will be a better you. Besides doing things you love is a must in life. 


4.) Do Spend Time With Your Family or Friends:

I believe this is the most important out of this whole list. These are the people that are going to be there for you thick and thin. In the beginning of my break-up I thought it was good day just to isolate myself, boy was I wrong that's the last thing I needed. If you need a little alone time that's fine but don't isolate yourself from the people that are trying their best to help support and comfort you. Another great thing I learned that talking about my break-up with friends and family makes me feel better. Somedays I need the advice and other days I just need to vent it all out because it's never good to keep it bottled up inside. I know having my loved ones there for me through my break-up is what really got me through and it's still getting me through. When you're spending time with people you love they make you feel loved and it's they're great company to have around. You really need to be in that atmosphere.  So when you're with them enjoy yourself and enjoy their company.


5.) Rediscover and Create Yourself & Ask Who Am I: 

This one thing I never really noticed when being in a relationship but you're not the same person leaving as when you were going in. I found myself saying things or doing things that my long time friends know isn't something I'd normally do. I think being in a relationship you try to sacrifice so much of who are to please the other person and you tend to pick up some of their habits that it's hard remember who you were at the start of it all. So it's great to the ask the questions Who am I? and Where do I want to go? I don't think we can get back to who were exactly but we can rediscover and create this new us. Whether it's building confidence, more self love, trying those new things and doing some of things we love. It opens up a door for so many possibilities. It's actually exciting and scary at the same time but like with trying new things you have to get out of that comfort zone. I think while making this journey you should be falling in love with the new you and being happy at where you are. I've learned so many things about myself I didn't know and it's really an exciting journey.


6.) Date Yourself: 

I know this sounds completely weird but I think it's something all single people should do when they're first starting out. You just got out of a sticky situation why throw yourself back into that dating pool when the wounds haven't quite healed yet. I admit I made this mistake however I realize now how much of a mistake that is. I decided to take the time to date myself. It's all about getting to know who I am and being comfortable on my own. I believe it's all about falling in love with yourself and who you are. It's okay to go to a coffee shop on your own and have some coffee and a muffin. It's perfectly fine to go watch a movie alone that you've been wanting to see. Nowadays in society they make it seem that being alone is miserable but it doesn't have to be. Enjoy your newfound freedom. Spend that time getting acquainted with the new you.


What do you think should be on the list of Do's or Do Not's Post Break-up? 



10 comments:

  1. These are all really great tips! When I was going through my breakup, I kinda just buried myself in work for a while just so I wouldn't have time to think about anything. Spending time with my friends, doing the things that I loved and trying new things definitely helped a lot though. Hang in there! I know it sounds super-cliched, but it does get better with time. <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I believe time goes by so much faster when you're busy with other things and having fun before you know it, you've already moved on. Thank you Farrah. It's okay I like cliché.

      Delete
  2. I don't know what it's like to be "newly single". Heck, I was single until I was 24 but this post is full of great advice.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think it applies to singles in general or just life. Thank you Hollie.

      Delete
  3. I love this post, Jazmine! It's very positive and uplifting <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Kaui. I am glad you thought so.

      Delete
  4. I love this post! It really gives you great ideas to love yourself & love being by yourself. Super cute & fabulous concept behind this post.

    The Budget Divaa │ www.thebudgetdivaa.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. I think that was my goal advocating self-love. :)

      Delete
  5. I love this post, Jazmine!! Every single tip is perfect! I especially agree with the last one...and I need to get better at doing that, so thanks for the reminder! The way I'm 'dating' myself these days is like I'm in the long-term sweatpants stage, lol. :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Vicky. The last one is always the hardest for me because I am uncomfortable going to a movie or out by myself but I am trying slowly. It's alright I think I've been dating myself with netflix and ice-cream. :)

      Delete