Happiness With A Side Of Tea : 5 Tips On Getting Organized

5 Tips On Getting Organized


This month the 12x30 challenge is organization. I don't know about you all but this year one of my many goals is to be a little more organized and consistent. Last month I accomplished half of that hopefully I can keep it up. I decided to share my tips on how I manage college life and blogging. 


Prioritize:
This is hard for me to remember because I love blogging so much and I try my best to post every Monday and Wednesday. However I know my blog comes secondary to school work and classes. I believe that is what you have to do in some cases. You need to prioritize which is most important and which you need to get done first based on deadlines.  


Planners Are Your Best Friend
I know it's a hard habit to get into but planners keep you organized. You don't have to be really organized and color code everything. You should just do whatever works for you. Always write things down in your planner because trust me you will not remember later. I have separate planners for school/everyday life and blogging. Though it'd be ideal to keep them in one planner to me there's just not enough space and it looks too chaotic. However find a strategy that works for you and run with it.


To Do List:
I was never a big fan of to-do list. However this year I decided to give to-do list a chance and surprisingly they've been working for me. I try to write a to-do list every night before I go to sleep of all the things I need to get done the next day. I separate things by priority and things I can get accomplished in the morning and in the afternoon. Things I can't done go on the following day's to-do list but my goal is trying to accomplish everything in one day as planned. 

Time Management: 
This is something I have trouble with however I am trying to improve in this area. Learning how to manage your time will help be organized and help you actually get things done. Some make schedules when it comes to blogging, work, appointments, and every day life things. It's all about finding what works for you. What works for me is waking up a bit early to accomplish those things on my to-do list before I head to school. Whenever I have extra time on my hands I use that time for getting things done that may have not gotten done on my to-do list. 


Breathe When Things Feel Overwhelming:
This is the most important thing to remember for me at least. Life can get a bit too much and when I am overloaded with work it's hard to get myself organized. What I have to do at times is step back from the work and breathe. It's completely fine to take a break when needed and that's what some people forget to do and end up overworking themselves. So do something else to calm your mind and come back to the chaos with a new perspective and get a handle on it. 


How Do You Stay Organized? 



19 comments:

  1. Being organized makes me feel sooooo much calmer! I love a good list!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Alison I completely agree I'd have panic attacks all the time if I wasn't organized. Gotta love them list.

      Delete
  2. Girl! You just hit all my nails on the head! I KNOW that if I would just do these things, I would be so much happier! But let me ask you. What are your suggestions about getting started? *lol*

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Mandee my suggestion is baby steps. People try to throw themselves in head on and that's what makes it so much more intimidating. You just really have to test the waters. Maybe try not hitting the snooze button at first, then wake up 30 min early, and then an hour. Try making to do list in general and then start rearranging it as you see fit. Another great tip for always writing in your planner is always keeping it with you that way you'll never forget. I think making little post it's to remind you to look in there every week is good because gods knows I've almost missed work forgetting to check. Don't worry Mandee even the most organized people get unorganized. aha. :D

      Delete
  3. These are great tips! Having a to do list is essential for staying on top of things.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Emily. It really is now that I use them I don't know how I live with out a to do list.

      Delete
  4. Hi Jazmine! I love this post!! I'm a HUGE planner freak and I absolutely can't live without it. When I've forgotten to bring it to work with me, I almost feel lost and panicky, lol. To-do lists are the other thing I use and I use it in conjunction with my planner to really stay on top of things. Basically notebooks and planners are my besties! :-) Awesome post!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey Vicky you're definitely not the only one that feels that way without their planner. Me and my planner have separation anxiety. Thank you for stopping by.

      Delete
  5. I write my to do list every night too. Then the next day only half of it gets done, and the other half goes on the next day's list. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Pam that's always the best strategy. Thank you for stopping by.

      Delete
  6. Great points for getting organized. Now I need to totally implement them into my life!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Dana. Hopefully they helped you get a kick start.

      Delete
  7. I have been working so hard to be organized this year. I designed a planner for myself so that I can keep track of everything. Thanks for this post. I love our pictures!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Bobbie I definitely hope you accomplish your organizing goals this year. Thank you for stopping by.

      Delete
  8. Jasmine,
    Pretty impressive organizational skills. Blogging and College too you have a full plate.
    Happy Creating,
    Karen Marie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Karen and it definitely is. Thank you for stopping by.

      Delete
  9. Prioritizing is definitely important, and I'm the same as you--school will always have to come first, but it makes me sad sometimes because with some of the material, blogging is just so, so much more interesting. :x I need to start using a planner again--I'm all over to-do lists though! :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Farrah it really does because when I am reading my mind is thinking of upcoming post idea or I just rather be reading someone's blog post rather than my textbook. Aha. I couldn't last a day without my planner and to do list. Thank you for stopping by.

      Delete
  10. These are seriously such great tips! I could not agree more with all of them. I have been trying to prioritize better because I find myself doing the easier or more mundane tasks when I should be focusing on the bigger or more important ones. Also, remembering to take a breather is important!

    ReplyDelete