Happiness With A Side Of Tea : Love Letter To Myself

Love Letter To Myself


I decided to join another link-up called Year Of Happy hosted by Lizzie over at October June. Each month there's a new activity or project we have to do and the objective is to encourage us to start living life and experience different things. I thought it'd be a great link up to join since I am still discovering what to do with all my new found freedom. This month we had to write a love letter to ourselves. I believe it's a lovely and you all should try writing love letters to yourself and Link-up here. 
I tried really hard to write this perfect love letter to myself. I attempted to get the right words out but I couldn't. I spent most the night writing and scratching things out and stressing over it. I hated the way the words flowed and I hated that I found it so hard to write a love letter to myself. I always strive for this perfection in life and when I don't achieve what I expect I get frustrated. After an hour of self bashing I decided to take a break and call a friend. We discussed why I was so frustrated and they reminded me that there is no such thing as "perfection" and they encouraged me that whatever I'd come up with it'd be amazing because it came from me. After that call I came up with this, it's my love letter to myself therefore I don't need to worry whether people like it or not. I couldn't find the words myself however I did find them in quotes, so my whole love letter is made with quotes. 










Dear Self, 

May you love and treat yourself with the respect you deserve. Embrace who you are and love every part of you. Never forget your with and never settle less than what you deserve. Surround yourself with people who will encourage, motivate, and inspire you to be better and do better. Follow your goals, and never give up on your dreams. Spend more time doing what you love with who you love. Everyday is a gift so cherish every moment. You're not perfect and no one is. It's okay to make mistakes make as many mistakes as you'd like, let them be lessons. You're beautiful. You're intelligent. You're dedicated. You're strong. You can do anything you put your mind to. May this letter be a reminder of how special you are. 

Love, 

Jazmine 



What would you say in a love letter to yourself?
post signature

 
post signature

4 comments:

  1. I think I would probably tell myself to stop worrying about my weight so much, that God made me just the way He wants me! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Renae you're beautiful just the way you are as cliche as that sounds. If you look around you God made the world and it's beautiful and He also made you so that means you're equally beautiful.

      Delete
  2. Great post Jazmine and very inspirational.

    ReplyDelete