Happiness With A Side Of Tea : Life Recently

Life Recently

I realized it's been forever since I've done a life update. I feel like a lot of things that have been going on that I'd love to share with you all. I decided to start making life updates a monthly thing that will be posted at the end of the month. It'll help me recap each month and appreciate my blessings and learn from any shortcomings. Plus I do love sharing parts of my life here. 
I was on break for a whole month and it's amazing all the things I've accomplished when you don't have studying and homework to worry about. I'm not the best at time management when it comes to school, house duties, and blogging. So I'm happy I actually got a lot of done over the last few months whether it's house related, blogging, or life related things. 

I finally rearranged my room and I would take a picture however it's not the cleanest room since school started. My next to do list is getting rid of all the clutter and organizing which I'll probably do in a few weeks. However I definitely believe in a little Feng shui. I don't have an office therefore my desk is in my room and it makes it hard to stay productive when you see your bed constantly. So I decide set my desk up in a way where I can get more done without any distractions. It actually worked. I get a lot more done and I just feel better in the environment. 

                               Image Source                                                      Image Source

In my spare time I got the chance to watch some amazing movies I've been putting off watching due to the overload of work. I watched Kind Of A Funny Story it's about boy who struggling through depression and he admits his self into a mental hospital and it's just about what he's learned there and how he's eventually getting better. I also finally got to watch Eat, Pray, Love and I've falling in love with the movie. If you haven't seen it yet I recommend you put it on your must watch list. I loved the movie so much I've been wanting to get my hands on the book. It's all about a women who starts questioning her life and dreams. The whole movie is her journey on finding herself and it was really inspiring since I am going through something similar. I know it doesn't sound like I accomplished a lot but I've been wanting to watch these movies for a while so I think it's an accomplishment. 


My very part of this whole break was getting to spend majority of my time with my family. I was with my family almost every other weekend or every weekend. It's always a good time when I am with them. 


We got to go to Louisville to see my brother and oldest sister. We practically just spent the day together going shopping and browsing from store to store. It doesn't sound like much but we never stopped laughing. We were just sharing stories and enjoy the moment together and I didn't want to leave when the weekend was over. 
After that we took serval trips to North Carolina where my other sister, brother in law, and her children are. We went shopping at the mall and downtown. I absolutely love going downtown the best stores are there. We also spent time cooking together and just relaxing at home which is always my favorite thing to do with them. Just previously we were there and had an early surprise birthday party for my mom and we also went bowling. If I could I'd spend all my time with them. I just think my stress and anxiety just melts away when I am with them. 

I also spent time working on this here blog. I've been wanting to improve things for instant blogging consistently, monitoring my blog, and everything relating to being a better blogger. I've also been coming up with some new projects and post ideas. I'm really excited to share with you all as the year unfolds. I also made a new blog design that was supposed to be up this month however I've been a bit delayed and hopefully I will get it up by the first few weeks of February. I think that was what I really worked on the most over the past few months was the new blog design. Hopefully you all love it as much as I do. 

As you know school has started again and that puts a dent in some of my goals and plans a bit. However I'm trying my best to stay motivated and not lose hope. I don't know why but trying to find that balance has always been hard for me. I don't know how some bloggers juggle so many projects, their children, their work, their social life, and their relationships. I can barely juggle two of those but I think that's the very reason why I haven't given up yet. If they can juggle all of that I am sure I can find a way that's best for me to manage everything that I want to do. This year my main focus is teaching myself how to practice time management without completely being overwhelmed. We shall see as the year progresses. 

Last update of today is I'm now single. I talked about more in detail last week in my blog post Being Okay With Being Single.  I think since writing that I am doing a lot better. I've been moving on day by day it gets harder each day but things have to get worse before they get better. I just wanted to thank all of you who commented. It really meant the world to me. I appreciate all the stories shared and how sincere you all were. I know it may not have seemed like much to you but you all really inspired me and kept me motived and strong so thank you so much. 

What's new in your life?

post signature