Happiness With A Side Of Tea : It's Okay To Not Be Okay

It's Okay To Not Be Okay

I know this is such a depressing post so close to Christmas. However something came up in my life that's pretty hard for me to deal with (not going into detail) but when things like this arise I always try my hardest to stay strong and put on a brave face. However I am realizing that sometimes I don't have to do that, it's okay to not be okay. It's okay to completely breakdown and cry yourself an ocean or a river, as long as you know that you can't stay in that stage forever. It's okay to play sad songs that don't help your mood and just make cry even more. It's perfectly okay to go comfort food crazy but it could make you sick. It's okay to vent your problems down or tell people who are close to you. I think we all forget that it's okay to cry, it's okay to feel hurt, and it's okay to be in pain. It doesn't make you weak, I think it makes us human. We all have different ways of coping and maybe some people don't need to go about it this way but if this is your way of going about it then know that it's alright and along the way eventually you will be okay. It's also good to remember that you're never alone. I am sure there's always a loved one and a friend willingly to help you through it. However for now if you want to cry a river do it, if you want to eat half the bag of chips why not, if you wanna lay in bed half the day and watch movies then go for it. Eventually you'll move out of that phase and it's a slow transition and no one is rushing you. I just wanted to post what's on my heart. It's okay to not be okay, but know that eventually you'll be okay maybe even better than just okay. I hope I didn't ruin anyones christmas spirit. I'll see you guys here on Wednesday with a more in the spirit post. 

How do you deal with not being okay?
post signature