Happiness With A Side Of Tea : 10 Quotes To Start Of The New Year

10 Quotes To Start Of The New Year

Well 2014 has definitely flew by rather quickly. I don't even think I am ready for 2015, but ready or not it's coming. So I decided to put together some inspiring quotes to start off the new year.  

1.) "Be stubborn about your goals and flexible about your methods": I don't know exactly what this was supposed to mean. I interrupted it as instead of changing your goals because it seems impossible to achieve be open to different ways of trying to achieve it. As the New Year is approaching I thought it'd be good since everyone will be setting goals and New Years resolution. 


2.) "Do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of it's own": I think this was such a needed quote not just for next year but every year after. It's really hard to remember this when life gets a little bit stressful. It just encourages you to just take everything day by day. That's my advice for almost anyone don't worry about what you can't control, you can't control the future so focus on what you can control which is what happening now.


3.) "A healthy relationship doesn't drag you down. It inspires you to be better.": I've lost a lot of close friends this year, however I've gained some amazing ones as well. It's hard to remember this when close friends walk out of your life or when you realize you're in a toxic relationship. I really do think relationships are an important part of life and the people that you surround yourself with eventually rub off on you as well. So you should be surround by people that encourage you and motivate you to be better. 


4.) "A girl should be two things; who and what she wants to be.": I thought this is very inspiring for women everywhere especially now with social media and things like that. I loved this quote the moment I saw it. I believe it's so true a women/girl should be who and what they want to be no exceptions. 

5.) "Do something uncomfortable today, by stepping out of your box, you don't have to settle for what you are. You get to create who you want to become.": I am a sucker for staying in my comfort zone. So I picked this quote as something to live up to. Every now and then I realize how important it is to get out of that comfort zone and try something new. If you end up liking it then great if not at least you got to experience it. It's better to say that you tried something at least once than not at all. So this is one of my goals I'd like to live up to next year. 


6.) "Forget all the reasons why it won't and believe the one reason why it will": I think this kinda coincides with the last quote. You just have to take that chance and take the leap of faith. Forget all the negative thoughts as to why it won't go your way and think of the one reason why it will. As I said previously at least you get to say you tried, then regretting not trying at all. You never know what could happen so take the leap of faith and believe. 


7.) "You can never cross the ocean unless you have the courage to lose sight of the shore.": This is similar to the past two quotes. Have the courage to take the chance and you might actually like where you end up. Another important part is enjoying the journey. 


8.) "Challenges are what make life interesting and overcoming them are what make life meaningful.": This might be my favorite one out of all of them because I've never saw challenges in life this way till this quote. However looking back on life overcoming challenges are what make me appreciate people in my life and help me realize just how blessed I am. So it does make life more meaningful and it helps you realize just how strong and intelligent you are. 


9.) "Fall in love with the process and the results will come.": This is something we often forget when life gets a bit busy. However thanks to blogging I realize how true this is. If you love what you're doing everything will fall together for you and the results will show. If you're forcing yourself to like something then it'll definitely show in the work you put out. So it's always good to do something you love, everything else will fall in place because of it. 


10.) "Dare to live the life you have dreamed for yourself. Go forward and make your dreams come true.": I am a dreamer so this quote just really hit home for me. I think we should all follow our dreams whether it's a long term type dream or a short term dream. I think this goes well with the first quote. If the dream seems impossible just look at a different way in trying to make it come true. However I know how difficult making your dreams come true can be, it still shouldn't discourage you from trying. 

There it is 10 quotes that I think should help you start off the New Year. Hopefully they inspired you or help motivate you for the upcoming year. I hope everyones enjoy their holiday. 

What is your favorite quote & why?


post signature