Happiness With A Side Of Tea : Blogging Crush Series #8

Blogging Crush Series #8

Happy Humpday Wednesday Loves!!! It's hard to believe the week is already half way over, that means the blogging crush series for this week is almost over too. *sad face* However it's not over yet!! I still have 3 amazing bloggers to introduce to you this week. Today this blogger is someone I actually enjoy talking to I believe she's so optimistic and her personality just really shows. There have been several occasions when I read her comments in my post and it brightens my day. I absolutely love reading her blog, one thing I always admire and constantly comment on is her photography skills, seriously her pictures are always amazing. I don't know how she does it, I can barely function with my DSLR camera. I know you're literally jumping out of your seats to see who it is... *drum roll* It's Katie from Lublyou. Over on Katie's blog she blogs recipes, photography, and of course her life. Stop by and go check out her lovely blog and see how amazing her photography and recipes are. Today Katie is here doing the 20 Random Questions Tag. Shall we see what we found about this extraordinary blogger. 


My name is Katie, I blog over at Lublyou (Люблю is Russian for “I love.”) My blog is about food, photography and my impressions and memories — an attempt to appreciate, communicate and catalog the things I experience.


I was born in Ukraine and grew up in Russia, but I currently live in Sandpoint, Idaho with my husband Ben and our little black bunny Sonya. I enjoy traveling, and I love food. A lot. I'm passionate about all kinds of photography, food and lifestyle photography in particular. I also love experimenting with film and polaroids. It’s not uncommon to see me carrying 2-3 different cameras when I’m out and about.

1.What's one thing you hated about school?
At school everything was decided for me 5 years ahead, I like to be responsible for my own plans and actions, so school seemed boring.


2. What’s your all-time favorite song?
A lullaby Ben wrote and sang for me when we were in a long-distance relationship.



3. Describe your dream career?
To be a food & travel photographer. I'd love to go all over the world, discovering and photographing all kinds of foods, recipes, cafes, markets, etc.



4. What’s the most life changing thing that happened to you?
When I was in my 3rd year of school in Moscow, Russia I flew across the world to Montana to work for a summer, and met Ben. My life has never been the same since.


5. Favorite Dessert?
Crème brûlée pie from the Pie Hut in Sandpoint, ID



6. If you could have 3 wishes what would you wish for (besides more wishes)?
1.That the US and Russia would reach a non-visa agreement, so we could travel back and forth any time without paperwork.
2.That weekends were 3 days-long every week.
3.That food wasn't connected to weight at all.



7. What’s your most embarrassing moment?
Last night at the store we spent whole 10 minutes picking Ben&Jerry's ice creams for both Ben and I, but Ben was too busy working on his projects while his parents and I were watching movies. I later had to admit to Ben that I ate both cups of ice cream.



8. If you could have one super power what would it be and why?
I always wanted to be able to teleport from one place to another. When I was a kid I didn't want to walk all the way to school on the dark and cold St. Petersburg mornings, I'd rather have teleported. Now I wish I could go visit my family back home every weekend by simply teleporting.



9. What’s the hardest thing you had to do?
Leave my family, friends, city, everything I've known to move across the world to a small town in Idaho to start a new life with my best friend and the love of my life. So bitter
sweet. You can read our love story as written by Ben here: http://lublyou.com/2012/02/12/happy-valentines-day-our-love-story



10. If you could go back in time and give advice to your younger self what would that advice be?
Not to worry so much. Everything has its own time, it's never too late for anything, just be young and enjoy life.



11. If you’re in a fire and you could only save 3 things what would they be and why?
My husband, our bunny Sonya and my camera!



12. What’s your favorite thing about being a blogger?
Getting to meet so many amazing, fun and talented people online! I love making new friends.



13. Favorite childhood memory?
Summers in the Russian countryside with my grandparents: gardening, milking cows, mushroom and berry picking, horseback riding, going to the banya, fishing... I miss those days with no responsibilities and worries!



14. What’s one thing you’ll never do again?
Go dog-sledding in the mountains of Norway in spring. Those were the scariest hours of my life, I'm surprised we all survived.



15. What’s your favorite comfort food?
Soup.



16. What was your high school experience like?
It was OK, but kind of boring, I couldn't wait to get out of school.



17. If you could go back in time and fix any mistake what would it be and why?
I'd have less arguments with my parents and brother, those were stupid and pointless, but it's hard to see that as a teenager.


18. Tea or Coffee?
Both!


19. Who knows you the best?
Ben. I can't believe it's already been 5 years since we met!
20. If you could bring any fictional character to life who would it be and why? 
Russian Winnie-the-Pooh (Винни-Пух) because why not? It'd be hilarious to have this signing and honey-eating fluffy bear around. I really like the Russian Winnie, you can see one of the episodes here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bEwE4wyz00o

Thank you Katie for sharing 20 random things about yourself, some things I didn't even know by reading your blog.  However there is a lot more to Katie than this tag, so please go to her blog  Lublyou and send her lots of love. Have a lovely Friday and be back tomorrow and see another blogger I have a crush on *winks* 

post signature


8 comments:

  1. It is. Thank you for stopping by Sarah. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, it looks like my comment didn't reach you last time! Thank you so much for hosting the series, Jazmine, I need to catch up on everything! We've just moved and the last few weeks were so hectic. Thank you again! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It actually did Katie. I replied. but somethings wrong with my intensedebate on my blog every now and then. I said it's okay and take your time. :) Just enjoy the adventure of moving come back when you're all settled. You're welcome.

      Delete
  3. Crème brûlée PIE?! OMG...that sounds so so so amazing.

    Chloe | Wanderlust in the Midwest

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Doesn't Chole! I definitely have sweet tooth.

      Delete