Happiness With A Side Of Tea : Blogging Crush Series #7

Blogging Crush Series #7

It's day seven in our lovely series, hopefully all of you lovelies had a fabulous weekend. I am just going to jump right into who I am crushing on today because I know you're dying to know. Today's blogger has a really overstuffed life (hint hint). She's a mom of three beautiful girls, a wife to The Maestro, she's organized, she sings professional, teaching voice lessons at the university, loves taking photos (which she's extremely good at), reads on her spare time (if she's not blogging of course), loves finding deals on some groceries, and listening to the opera. If my hint didn't give it away it's Lara from Overstuffed Life. Isn't she a jack of all trades, maybe she'll share her secrets on how she keeps up. *winks* Some of the things i love reading on Lara blog are recipes (cause everyone needs yummy food), printables (everyone loves some freebies), how to's of life and blogging, tips and tricks for hacking motherhood and homemaking things. Today Lara is here doing the Random Question Tag. 
My blog is a lifestyle blog. I mostly blog about parenting, homemaking (cleaning, organizing, and decorating), eating gluten-free, and my faith. But you’ll find me writing about travel, photography, books, and anything else that strikes my fancy!

1. What’s one thing you cannot leave the house without?
Lipstick! I think I have three tubes in my purse, two in my car, and too many to count in the house. The bolder the color, the better. I forget my phone all the time, and it’s probably because I am too worried about touching up my lipstick before I leave the house.

2. What’s your all-time favorite song?
Probably Mimi’s aria from La Boheme.

3. Do you have any phobias?
Moths! I’m terrified of them, and I have no idea why. If one is ever in the house I seriously have to go hide somewhere while my husband deals with it. *shudder*

4. What is your weirdest or silly habit?
I love to read. But if I ever get a little anxiety about what is happening in the book, I will flip to the last page and read it, just to see if a character is still alive or that things are nicely resolved. It calms my nerves and then I can read in peace without freaking out. I used to just read the last page first no matter what, but I only allow myself to do it now if I get really anxious.

5. Favorite Dessert?
Pumpkin pie. Pumpkin anything, really, but mostly pumpkin pie.

6. If you could have 3 wishes what would you wish for (besides more wishes)?
1. More time in the day to finish all the things on my list
2. A house that stayed clean without my lifting a finger.
3. To travel the world.

7. What’s your most embarrassing moment?
Honestly—and I promise this isn’t a cop out—I don’t know. I get embarrassed, sure, but I don’t usually remember it after a day or two. And, lucky for me, nothing truly awful has ever happened to me.

8. What fictional character you wish could be real?
Right now it’s Flavia de Luce. She is the 12 year old genius in Alan Bradley’s series that begins with The Sweetness at the Bottom of the Pie. I’m in love with these books, and I’m in love with Flavia. If she were real, I’d adopt her in a heartbeat.

9. What’s the hardest thing you had to do?
When I was 21, I served an 18-month mission for my church in Romania. I had to learn the language, talk to strangers all day about my religious beliefs, and I helped a lot of people in very difficult situations. It was incredibly hard. But it was also one of the most wonderful things I’ve ever done. I learned a lot about myself during that time, and I try hard not to forget those lessons as I mother my children. Which is another very hard, but very rewarding thing.

10. If the internet shutdown all over the world could you survive?
It would be hard, but I could do it. After all, I managed just fine until I was nearly 30 years old without it! I suppose the biggest problem is that the technologies we used pre-internet are fairly obsolete now, so that would make it difficult. In some ways I’d welcome the end of the internet—I feel I spend way too much of my life doing unimportant things on it. Facebook, anyone?

11. What’s your favorite TV show?
Bones. I’m watching this season of 24, too, because I was super addicted to that when it was on regularly. Go Jack Bauer!

12. What’s your favorite thing about being a blogger?
My favorite thing about being a blogger is that I feel an accountability to live the way I say I live. Writing down my life for the entire internet to see makes me try harder to live a better life and to be a better person, whether that be a better mom, wife, teacher, friend, etc.

13. Favorite childhood memory?
Playing kick the can with all the neighborhood kids outside the front of my house late into the summer nights.

14. What are 3 things you need in your life?
1. Family
2. Music
3. Books
4. And if I were allowed a fourth, it would be lots of time alone. I’m an introvert to the core.

15. What’s a movie you could watch over and over again and not get tired of it?
The Scarlet Pimpernel. The 1986 version with Anthony Andrews and Jane Seymour. *swoon*

16. What was your highschool experience like?
I had a pretty good high school experience. By that time I was a little more sure of myself—unlike in the awkward middle school years—and I was more
confident. I was really involved in choir and drama, which shaped the course of my life after high school in a big way. And I had really good friends, many of whom I am still very close to. High school was pretty good, but college was amazing.

17. If you could go back in time and fix any mistake what would it be and why?
I would not be so afraid to audition and try for things. I would have gone to get my master’s degree right after I got married, even though I was absolutely terrified!

18. What’s your favorite pet or animal?
I have a dog—a schnoodle (schnauzer/poodle mix), named Puccini after my favorite opera composer. She pretty much rules our home and we all love her and spoil her rotten!

19. Who knows you the best?
It’s a toss up between my husband and my mom. 
Thank you Lara, for answer those 19 random but not that random questions. Take the time to head over to Lara's blog Overstuffed Life show her lots of love. You also get the chance to know her more and what she blogs about because there's definitely more to Lara than just 19 questions. Have a good day lovelies. I'll see you back here tomorrow for the next blogger I have crush on. 
post signature