Happiness With A Side Of Tea : Blogging Crush Series #1

Blogging Crush Series #1


First I’d like to welcome you the blog crush series. It took tons of planning and organizing however somehow I pulled it off. I couldn’t have done it without these lovelies ladies and fellow bloggers you’re going to meet throughout the series. So without further to do lets get this crush fest going shall we. 

This lovely lady probably could answer all your homemaking needs, recipies, and amazing book. Though I don’t need to know about homemaking and running a family yet, there is a lot of useful information I get from her blog. She has amazing recipes and organizing tips I still have yet to use. Not to mention she’s very sweet and helpful. Who is this lovely lady I am talking about you may ask? Annette from This Simple Home. 


Since summer’s not over quite yet it’d be suitable to introduce the very first summer tag. Let’s see some of Annette’s summer favorites. 


1. Favorite song that just set your mood for summer? 

As an opening question, this made me think because I am not into popular music much , but just for a moment. The song “Dancing in the Moonlight” makes me smile every time I hear it. The original song was written in 1973, though I didn’t know it until the movie A Walk to Remember came out. (I own the soundtrack but not the movie. Funny, huh?) 


2. Favorite summer snack and beverage? 
I love homemade sweets. (Recipes On This Simple Home) I make the chocolate chip cookie pie year round because it’s a family favorite and only takes a few minute to put together. When I think of summer, I love a s’mores with my family around the campfire or some super sweet cantaloupe from a local farmer. My favorite beverage-year round- is water. Skip the lemon and ice. 




3. What’s on top of your summer bucket list? 

My twentieth class reunion is this summer, so I’ll return to my hometown for that. As part of the Summer Reading Challenge (hosted on my blog), I will be reading the classic The Woman in the White Dress by Wilkie Collins and possibly 1984 by George Orwell. 






4. If you could have your dream summer vacation where would you go and what would you do? 
I’d love to spend a few months traveling around the North America, enjoying some of God’s unique creations like the Grand Canyon and the Sequoias. While roaming the country, I’d like to see a few of my favorite authors’ museums like Laura Ingalls Wilder, Louisa May Alcott, and Maud Hart Lovelace. 






5. Favorite summer activity?

Taking time to visit our families who live about 5 hours from us. My kids love the plastic bag kite. You don’t even need a windy day! 


6. What are your plans for the summer? 

I’ll spend the summer busy with the children. They’ll have swim lessons and we’ll read chapter books together. We’ll cook and clean together. All five of us will go to family camp in the Poconos. We’ll also go to the beach and find some local activities to enjoy. As I said, my 20th class reunion is this year, and I’m eager for that. Last year we completed almost all the activities from our summer inspiration fun list. 





7. Favorite summer memory? 

My friend and I walked about a mile to the local pizza shop. While there, I inquired about working there (and got the job). We went in search of cookie dough ice cream. I had never had it. They only sold it by the half gallon, so we bought one and two cones to go with it. We were dripping with ice cream on the walk home, but it was delicious. 






8. What is your favorite thing about summer? 


Getting outside and enjoying life…when it’s not too hot and humid. 






9. What are your 3 summer essentials? 
Sunscreen. Water. Books. 







10. What do you dislike about summer? 

Humidity. Enough said.

I agree with Annette the best summer activity is spending time with family and just enjoying the summer days because god knows they fly by. Don’t forget to stop by Annette’s blog This Simple Home and send her some love and see for yourself all the amazing tips she has. 

I don’t know about you guys but I want summer to last a bit longer.  Feel free to do this tag I’d love to see your answers. 
What’s some of your summer favorites?
post signature

26 comments:

  1. What a great series and a good way to meet new bloggers!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you. That's what I was hoping.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is a great series! Very good idea! We all need blogging friends!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is such a great idea for a series! I'll make sure to keep checking it out. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much & Thank you for stopping by.

      Delete
  5. I absolutely love the A Walk to Remember soundtrack haha

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've never heard the soundtrack. I feel like I should now. aha. :)

      Delete
  6. What a fun little series! I love meeting other bloggers :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for stopping by. :) It's happening all week so feel free to come back.

      Delete
  7. This is a great series! I'll definitely have to check out the rest

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for stopping by. I hope you enjoy the rest of the series. :)

      Delete
  8. What a sweet way to share another blogger. Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is a new blog to me. I love series like this where you find new and amazing bloggers.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's what I was hoping it'd do. There's so many different and amazing bloggers out there. I wish their were more ways to find them. Thank you for stopping by.

      Delete
  10. Replies
    1. Thank you, and thank you for stopping by.

      Delete
  11. Such a fun way to meet new bloggers!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know! Hopefully you meet a few that you like. :)

      Delete
  12. mmmm.Smores I am currently being a good girl and not eating sweets but man I would love me some Smores!! lol

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I wish I could be good and not eat treats. aha. :) Thank you for stopping by Jodi.

      Delete