Happiness With A Side Of Tea : Common LDR Question Answered

Common LDR Question Answered


Do Long Distance Relationships work? 
I believe long distance relationships work if two people are willingly to make it work. Long distance relationships are hard and they’re not like typical relationships. They cause for more time, more communication, more patience, and a lot more creativity than most relationships. The partners in the relationship both have to be willingly to work and put in the effort if not it’s not going to be very successful. It’s a challenge but if you both think it’s worth it then why not try to make it work.

What’s the most challenging thing about being in a long distance relationship?
Well I think it’s obviously the distance part. I never knew how much it mattered till I actually got in a long distance relationship and because me and boyfriend had a talk about this not too long ago. It is the most challenging thing about long distance relationships. You don’t get to see each other as often as you’d like, all those psychical aspects of the relationship are gone. The psychically aspects don’t matter as much but it is important to a relationship. Being able to hug them, kiss them, and hold their hand. I think the hardest part is having to watch other couples around you and wishing you were that couple. That is a current bump in the road me and my boyfriend hit. It’s really hard to get over, but I know it’s not impossible.


What are the most important things one can do in order to maintain a happy,loving relationship despite the distance?
It’s hard to narrow down one thing that’s important in order to maintain a happy, loving relationship despite the distance, because I think they’re all pretty important to maintain a happy, loving relationship. From my experience I think communication, the ability to understand each other, and making time for each other and having patience. Communication is always a good element to maintaining any relationship but in long distance relationships it’s really all you have. So you need to make sure you talk often and make sure you talk about feelings which is hard for some people I know but it has to be done. With communication comes the ability to understand what each other is going through and just simply understanding anything they’re telling you. Of course you need to both make time in your busy schedules for each other and just because you’re in a long distance relationship doesn’t mean you can’t go on dates, that’s where the creativity comes in. Since it’s a long distance relationship you might have to put in more time than usual. I think what I struggle with the most is patience. It’s hard but you need it in a long distance relationship. It takes time to get a relationship to where you want it to go especially if it’s a long distance relationship. You both need to learn how to adapt and learning what to do in certain situations that all takes time. So you’re most likely going to have to patience. With all great things takes time.


Does distance increase certain such as jealousy, misunderstanding and ect? 
Once again I think it depends on the people but for me yes. I find that we get jealous more easily and it’s only because we want to be the one able to going on dates and spend all time with each other. Yes misunderstanding happens but at the end of the day we always try our best to figure it out. I think that’s what really helps. It’s possible it could increase jealousy and misunderstands but it all matters how you deal with it. Talk it out and be open to understanding each other. That’s something I had to learn a lot last week too. Everyone’s different and we think differently, it may not be the way you think but this is the way they’re thinking. So you have to take the time to understand them and try your best to come up with a solution together.


Do couples in a long distance relationship cheat on each other more frequently?
To be honest I don’t think it matters if you’re in a long distance relationship or not. If either you want to cheat then you will, I think they just use the excuse “Oh it’s because the distance”. I think people cheat because one they want too, or they’re not happy with the relationship they’re in. If that’s the case then you shouldn’t be in one to begin with. That’s my opinion. I think if you’re happy in a long distance, you both give each other the love you deserve, and everything. Then you won’t have a reason to cheat.


Why would you ever get into a long distance relationship? 
I believe love is love despite where you live, nationality, and all that jazz. If you love someone and you believe they’re worth the distance then why not give love a chance. It’s better to say you have tried then to not try and it ends up being something you regret. You never know what’s going to happen so why not give it a chance and see where it goes.


Do long distance relationships have less satisfying relationship?
No. I don’t think that’s the case. I believe if you treat each other with the love and everything you deserve then it shouldn’t be less satisfying at all. I think that’s really the problem people think that being in a long distance relationship means you can’t go on dates and all other things like that. However that’s not the case they’re lots of dates you can and other things to help keep your relationship fun and spontaneous.

Do you have different answers to these questions or can you add more?
post signature