Happiness With A Side Of Tea : 2 Easy D.I.Y. Face Mask

2 Easy D.I.Y. Face Mask


Finding a good exfoliating mask for my skin is so hard. I've tried a few and in the end it just leaves my skin dry.  A few years ago I finally decided to try making my own mask. I've been using them ever since. I use two different ones depending on how my skin is for that week. They're both simple to make and effective. Don't forget how important it is to exfoliate twice a week. Your skin will thank you and you'll see a difference trust me. 


If I feel like my face just needs a little TLC and it looks relatively fine which means not a lot of scaring from me popping my pimples. I usually just use a simple honey and oatmeal face mask. Oatmeal actually reduces swelling an readiness of pimples. It also has healthy fats that helps you to repair your skin. Honey is a natural antibacterial great for acne treatment as well as making you skin smoother. Put those together and you have a kick ass exfoliating mask. The measurements vary based on you.

Ingredients:
  • 1/3 cup oatmeal
  • 1 tablespoon honey
  • 3 tablespoons water/milk 

Directions:
  1. Grind the 1/3 cup oatmeal between your fingers until it becomes a fine powder.
2.Stir in honey and add milk or water it's entirely up to you which one you want to use. However milk is more beneficial to your skin.

3.Cleanse your face with your cleanser before applying. 

4.Apply it to your face leave it on until it dries up. Then wash it off and apply a moisturizer. 


The next exfoliating mask I use when I have really bad scarring. This happens to be my favorite face mask because I have problem of popping and picking at my pimples. It consist of lemon juice, honey, sugar, and oil. The lemon juice is a natural whitening agent so it helps lighten the appearance of scars, so use this every week and you'll see your scars slowly disappear. Sugar is also very good for getting rid of dead skin cells and revitalizes the skin. I already mentioned the benefits of honey above and the oil is used to keep in moisture. You can actually use this as a sugar scrub as well you just need to adjust the measurements to fit what you need and want. 


Ingredients:
  • 5 tablespoon sugar
  • 2 tablespoon lemon juice or half a slice of lemon 
  • 2 teaspoon Oil (Olive, Tea Tree Oil, Coconut Oil) 
  • 1 teaspoon honey 




  1. You can crush the sugar if you want it to be smoother. but if not just mix in everything together and stir 
  2. Cleanse your face before applying.
  3. Apply to your face and keep it on for 1 min and then wash off.
  4. You actually don't have to use a moisturizer because they'll be left over oil on your skin you can rub that in or you can add a moisturizer if you want.
*If you have extra put it in a container and store it in the refrigerator until next time.*


post signature