Happiness With A Side Of Tea : Things I Learned From Being In A Long Distance Relationship

Things I Learned From Being In A Long Distance Relationship

I see this going around the blog world and since my monthsary is in a few days, I decided to jump on the bandwagon. So here is what I've learned from a few months of being in a long distance relationship.

Communication is everything. We can't just makes dates to talk face to face about our problems. We had to learn to communicate, explain how we feel as well as learning to actually carry out conversations 24/7.

 Couple App is our best friend. If you’re in a LDR. It’s the best app to have honestly. It’s all we ever use now since getting it. I love how one on one it feels.

Distance helped us grow as a couple. We do a lot more listening and understanding. We actually communicate better than we did when we lived in the same place. Since we know we’re not in the same country we take time needed to spend with each other.

He’s worth waiting for every single day we’re apart. He’s not perfect, but I love everything about him. I couldn’t imagine my life without him.

Have faith and believe that things will work out in the end and eventually they will.

Trust is important. Trusting each other and trusting ourselves. "A relationship without trust is like a car without gas, you can sit in it all you want but it won’t take you anywhere”

Arguing is inevitable. We still argue occasionally no matter how far apart we are but I believe the key to everything is we never let each other go to bed angry.

Just because you’re miles away doesn’t mean you can’t go on dates, or do all those other couple things.

I realized how strong I was, how strong he was, and how strong we were together.

Every LDR is different.
             

What have you learned from your relationship?
post signature