Happiness With A Side Of Tea : Worst Traveling Experience

Worst Traveling Experience

I have finally made it here. I thought I share my little traveling misfortune with you. Everything went smooth until we got to the San Fransico airport. Our flight had been cancelled from Atlanta to North Carolina due to the weather so the lady recommended we leave to Atlanta later that day. It was about 8:00am the next flight left at like 11:00pm so we said sure we'll just stay here and get the next flight. We were just waiting around in the terminal and it's quite a small terminal so we didn't have anywhere to really go. Then come to find out that flight we were supposed to get on at 11:00pm was cancelled also. So they spent all night trying to figure out how to get us to our finally destination then they decided that they we're just going to take us in route to Louisville and we'd have to figure out how to get to North Carolina ourselves and we deiced we'd do that. Eventually my mom decided to go to the ticket counter herself to figure out a better route. Thank God they found a better route from San Fransico to Detroit and Detroit to Charlotte, North Carolina. So we spent a whole day in the airport since our flight didn't leave till 7:00 am the next morning. It's not exactly where we were supposed to go but it was the closets we could get, the airport was about 2 hours away from my sisters house. However the weather and traffic was so bad it took us 8 to 10 hours to get back to her house. Not to mention our luggage was lost due to all the cancellations in our flight plan it took two days to get here. So it was quite a traveling experience for me. This is the first time I've ever been though this and I don't want to go through it again. I am just happy it's over I won't have to be flying again until next month so I have time to recover.

However I did try to look on the positive side I finally get to start school in Fall, I get to spend some time with my lovely family before then, I am alive, and I didn't have to spend an extra few days in the airport and of course the lovely view from the plane.

What's the worse traveling experience you ever had?