Happiness With A Side Of Tea : Goodbye 2013

Goodbye 2013


Like I said in my previous post, this year had several ups and downs. I lost some really good friends but I also gained some amazing ones along the way. I got to really understand the quote "Some people are just in your life to teach you lessons others are meant to stay." I learned that life isn't always what you make it out to be but that doesn't mean you can't shape it into something you want it to be. I discovered with a little bit of love and selflessness you can change a persons life and you can heal a broken heart. I fully understand what it's like to genuinely forgive someone for everything they've ever done to you. I learned how to really let go. I know that just because you do a few bad things in the past or present that doesn't necessarily make you a bad person. I learned to never really judge a person by their appearance because that person will probably surprise you if you got to know them. I got the chance to know first hand what it's like to have true friends that stand by you every step of the way, someone you can call at 1:00am when you're crying and they'll come over to comfort you, and someone who knows everything about you and they still love you regardless. I learned how to let go of the things I can't change and focus on the things I can. I got the pleasure of falling in and out of love. I explored the world around me and picked up a few lessons along the way. I'm wiser than I was last year and I'll probably gain more wisdom next year.
I got my heart broken, I cried myself a river, I built bridges, I built walls, I made doors so certain people could pass, I let people in, and I kicked people out. Everything that happened to me this year good or bad I'm thankful for. I know that everything happens for a reason I may not see it now but eventually I will. I am hoping 2014 will be filled with lessons I have yet to learn and obstacles I must overcome. 

This year was full of those obstacles I didn't think I could face alone or get pass but with the help with my friends and family I survived 2013. I wanted to make this post to thank them, to reflect on everything that happened this year, and to say a proper goodbye to 2013. So goodbye 2013 it's been quite an adventure.